The Spark

the Voice of
The Communist League of Revolutionary Workers–Internationalist

“The emancipation of the working class will only be achieved by the working class itself.”
— Karl Marx

Tiny Bonuses for Us....

Mar 19, 2018

A lot of companies announced that they were giving a big chunk of the money they got from the Trump tax cuts back to their workers. But no surprise—the reality is somewhat different. According to a study by Just Capital, only 6% of the money the companies are getting is going to workers. And more than half of that is in the form of bonuses, meaning it will be a one time bump, rather than a permanent raise. We’ll give one guess where the other 94% of the money is going....

Walmart: Cheap Bonuses

Walmart is still bragging about its cheap bonuses—$1000 if you have 20 years seniority. All this is paid for out of a tax cut. It’s money that should be going to workers’ roads, schools, and services. And they have the nerve to brag about giving workers back a few cents?